How to book: https://youtu.be/zxLnTWfHgXc
1. How many times/how often can you book? You may book up to two outstanding reservations on the schedule at a time. For example, if you want to play Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, you may book Monday and Wednesday, and that counts as your two times. Once you are done playing on Monday then you may book for Friday. The further out you book the more available court space will be. It may be hard to book same-day or next-day at certain locations.
2. What is your cancelation policy? You may cancel your court booking up to 24 hours before your court time. If it is within the 24 hour time period, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to cancel your booking.
3. How many times can I play a day? There is no restriction on how many times you can play per day or week, just a restriction on how many outstanding bookings you can have on the schedule, which is 2.
4. Can I substitute players or add players to my reservation? You may not add players to a reservation, but the front desk may substitute a player if that player is eligible to be substituted. If you need to substitute players, you will need to cancel your reservation and rebook again with the correct members. To prevent the reservation system from being abused, if it is within 24 hours of the booking’s start time, the player substituting must have been eligible to be added to the reservation AT THE TIME THE COURT WAS BOOKED. For example, if I make a booking on the 15th to play on the 20th, any substitute I want to add must have 1 or 0 reservations on the schedule after the time I booked the court (the 15th). To make a substitution please email or call the front desk.
5. When booking, how do I know which player I am booking if my friend has the same name as another member? Each member will have the ability to have their own profile picture as well as their own username. Make sure you communicate with your friends to know their username or be able to recognize their profile picture. Currently you can view your upcoming reservations in the “My Courts” section of the app. You will not be able to see who you are playing with, but we are working with the developers to make that viewable.
6. I am a parent and would like to book for my child(ren) to play with their friends, how can I book for them? If you are the head of the family account, you may book for anybody in your family by clicking your name on the top right corner of the app after selecting a court for booking. A list of names of the people under your family account will appear and by clicking the name, you can now book a court on their behalf.
7. I have a family account but not everybody under my account is showing up. How do I add my family member(s) under my account so I may reserve courts for them? If members are missing from your family account, please contact email@example.com with the family members missing and we will add them to your BallButton account.
8. When I try to book a court the BallButton says I have reached my max outstanding bookings even though I don’t have 2 reservations yet. The developers are working on providing more accurate and detailed error messages. Currently the app will say “you” have already reached you max bookings when in fact it may be someone else on your court.
9. I can’t see who booked me for a court or who I’m playing with. The developers are also working on this so that when a court is booked you can see who is on your court. Currently you can only see the location, day, and time.
We may be adjusting and modifying the rules as our staff and membership use Ballbutton more and more over the coming weeks to keep the booking process as stress-free as possible. The Bellevue Badminton Club reserves the right to modify the booking rules and conditions at any time.