Update to Our Response to the Coronavirus Outbreak
Dear Members & Guests:
I wanted to provide an update on the club schedule for the next few weeks in light of the Governor’s statements on Wednesday stating large gatherings are banned for the rest of the month in our state and social distancing guidelines are to be enacted where possible. I encourage everyone to watch his full press conference online.
To keep you, our guests, and staff safe, the following will be implemented:
- All classes are to be paused starting Saturday, March 14th. They will resume for the remainder of the session March 27th. This will push the end date of the session by two weeks.
- All club ladders will be paused for the rest of March.
- The club will remain open, but we will institute a court reserving system that will allow us to follow social distancing goals for the next few weeks. Please read the notices to come on this process in the coming days.
We have been in contact with King County Public Health and as of Wednesday they advised that holding classes was considered to be fine, as long as we followed best practices for cleaning. Our cleaning procedures exceed these guidelines. Nothing has materially changed at the club since yesterday; however, this situation is fluid, so we will be monitoring the situation closely and providing updates as they come up. The two-week pause will allow our staff to develop operation plans that will allow us to operate under the new normal our current situation presents, as well as work to reduce risk to our staff and members.
We will continue to disinfect all areas with an anti-viral/anti-bacterial solution each day to minimize potential exposure. Considering the feedback of our members, we will no longer hard-close Mukilteo and Bellevue at 10pm, and instead the club will be closed during the following times for this sanitization procedure:
We strongly encourage all members, guests, and staff to follow the following best practices:
- If you or someone in your household is sick or has been exposed to COVID-19, please stay home per CDC guidelines and refrain from entering the club. Contact your primary care provider if you need treatment. Per the CDC quarantine guidelines, please contact us if you show symptoms within 14 days of visiting the club.
- Sanitize your hands before and after visiting the club. Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the restroom, before eating, and after touching surfaces.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your cough or sneeze into a tissue, place the tissue into the trash, and wash hands.
- Please practice “Social Distancing” by maintaining CDC recommended 6 feet of separation from others and avoiding direct contact, such as handshaking and fist bumps.
- Do not share towels, water bottles, or racquets.
Thank you for your assistance in adhering to these important guidelines.
Thank you for your continued understanding and support as we work together as a community to minimize the impacts of COVID-19.
Updates on the club’s status and any new information will be available on our website, www.bellevuebadminton.com.